Home Page
A SLICE OF NORTHERN SKY; THE POSSIBLE BLACK-EYED DOG; MAYBE BRYTER LATER AND PLANS FOR LILAC TIME...

Ein Ganzer Sommer

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shhh... and Wow Bam!!!

Here's picture for the album - a summer's evening swirled into groggy glasses of Grigio in a jungle of grass and dandelion...


I smile when I look at this picture now and realise that this little "Edenic" moment was captured on the Sunday evening under a cloudless amber sky... and it was oh so quiet... just before the week kicked in my door and hurled me out into a crush of two completions and the rattle of last-minute rehearsals scuttling towards the performance on the 10th.

Whew!! And now it's over, and yes Reader, I am very aware that I have not posted a report, photographs or a video of that momentous event as promised, but it will be worth the wait for another week. So be patient, and as I sit here alone in my office on a Thursday night at 9 pm after shoving the last e-mail of the day into the ether... I am going to appreciate the Quiet.

I remember how I felt when I got home after the Jam on Sunday, and I shut the world outside my front door and this blanket of lull fell around me in my quiet and dark living room. I could actually hear the silence... and all of a sudden a wild fear came over me. It was all so empty and yet so full and impending and taut with watchful expectancy and electricity...

Tell me Reader, how much silence can you take before it actually becomes UNBEARABLE? Here is an experiment: Switch off that music, turn away from your computer, put away your mobile phone and shut the door. Do that for 30 minutes... go on! Now, I forbid you to think of anything EXCEPT that silence. Exile your thoughts to absolutely nothing, and then tell me how you feel.

After 5 minutes of that silence in my room on that Sunday night after my Jam, I had to switch on the radio and the TV and pick up the phone to give a friend a call just to end the very loud Empty-all-around... It's a funny thing I have realised about myself... I have to do something/say something/hear something and preferably do it all together in order to feel alive!

When I told a close friend about this last week, she told me that I may benefit from going for meditation classes with her. She says it may make me less high strung. She told me that I should learn to be at "one with myself" and appreciate the rhythm of my breathing and the architecture of my thoughts and the "drip drip drip of the raindrops and the tick tick tock of the stately clock..."

Now really, I don't mind Silence. The only issue I have with it is that it's so quiet!

Bjork sums it up better. And she's embedded on this page if you care.



Shhhh, Shhhh
It's, oh, so quiet
It's, oh, so still
You're all alone
And so peaceful until...


You fall in love
Zing boom!!!!
The sky up above
Zing boom!!!!
Is caving in
Wow Bam!!!!
...

'Til it's over and then


Shhh, Shhh
It's nice and quiet
Shhh, Shhh


Gawd! I love that song!

So that's my little piece of nonsense for now. Until next week... and I promise you Wow Bam!!!

~~~

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i can't take silence.
not even for 1 pure minute on my own.
on the other hand, silence shared is silence enjoyed.

Riverman~~~ said...

I agree! Now I just have to find someone to share the silence with!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Introspection! Take a helping of Shhh... But make sure I get to see the Wow Bam!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BJORK! And this one is my favourite.Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hot stuff! Jaques has pictures on her site. Check em out at pushinglimit.blogspot.com
Waiting for the video!

Riverman~~~ said...

Great! Just saw them. Lau and I should be watching the video tonight, and then it will go out.

Wahre Leibe

Mein Sein

Das Ganz Normale Leben

Dreifach Schön